NAEEA Abstract guidelines
The National Association of Enabling Educators invite submissions of abstracts to present at the 5th biennial NAEEA conference 2022.
Abstracts must be submitted online. If you are unable to complete the electronic abstract submission, please contact the conference organisers to discuss other options.
Deadline extended – Submission close on the 22nd of August 2022.
This conference attracts enabling education experts, practitioners, scholars and researchers from Australia, New Zealand and around the world, and is the only conference dedicated specifically to the Widening Participation Agenda in the Southern hemisphere.
NAEEA 2022 is calling for presentations and posters that address our conference theme:
Reimagining Enabling in Higher Education.
Presentations and posters are invited which address one of the following subtopics:
- New perspectives:
focusing on looking ahead at strategy, policy, theory, growth and development of WP/Enabling in Australia
- Agency & Avenues:
focusing on the role of the enabling practitioner – including wellbeing, support and development
- Empowering voices:
focusing on the diverse perspectives and experiences of students in enabling programs
- Enabling practice & pedagogy:
focusing on teaching and curriculum – including theoretical approaches, value-adding, embedded support
- Advancing digital approaches:
focusing on innovations and learnings in response to the increase in technology enhanced learning
We warmly invite you to submit your abstract for consideration.
The following selection criteria will apply:
- The presentation or poster must relate directly to the conference objectives and fit within one of the key subtopics and overarching theme.
- Abstracts must be submitted via the online portal and written in English. Please contact the conference organisers if unable to complete the abstract submission electronically.
- The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Conference. Similarly, no presenter fee is paid to successful presenters.
- Abstracts must not exceed 300 words (excluding title, authors and affiliations) and should follow the instructions within the abstract submission portal.
- Showcase Presentation
The standard length of oral presentations will be 20 minutes for presentation plus five minutes for questions. The presentations will be grouped into topic-based sessions of about 90 minutes in length.
- Poster Presentation
Posters will be displayed during the conference in the poster gallery. The author(s) must be present at their poster during a scheduled poster session in the Conference program to discuss the poster with participants.
Notification of Abstract Acceptance
Abstracts are subject to blind review by the program committee. Notification of the abstract status will be sent to the presenters after the 22nd of August 2022.
Successful presenters will need to confirm their attendance via a paid registration no later than the 5th of September 2022.
Please Note: Presenters must be a paid attendee of the conference in order to present a paper.